INNOVATION LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT SERIES
John K. Coyle's
"Are you responsible for leading a team? This class is for leaders."
John K. Coyle, a world-leading expert in innovation and design thinking, best-selling author, and Olympic medalist will guide YOU on a fully interactive virtual platform.
This class provides leaders with the tools and mindsets needed to create a culture that empowers teams to develop innovative products and deliver them to market. This virtual platform ensures you retain the skills necessary for the new economic era, the "conceptual age," with concise videos, quick questions, and self-reflections to test what you learn.
Using data-driven frameworks and powerful narratives from business and sports,
John K. Coyle leverages his long immersion in “Design Thinking” to equip you with the tools to make an immediate impact.
WHAT'S IN STORE
Preview a micro-learning module here:
• Design Thinking overview and explanation
• How to create (and how not to create) a culture of innovation
• We’ve seen the Agricultural, Industrial and Information Ages – now it is time to prepare for the new economic era – the Conceptual Age
• Leadership skills for the Conceptual Age
Innovation Processes, Tools, and Culture
• Some well-intentioned leadership behaviors have unintended consequences that can kill innovation efforts and cause employee departures. Based on case studies, learn the key characteristics of the “knower” mindset (closed to innovation) and the “learner” mindset (open to innovation)
• Discover language and tools you can immediately put into practice to encourage the learner mindset to flourish, boost employee retention, and kick-start innovation on an individual and group level
Innovation Kryptonite - Knower vs. Learner
• Learn the neuroscience of stress and performance
• Discover three essential and simple resilience-boosting techniques to begin using today
• Explore a new model of resiliency, one where proactive challenges are designed to build capacity for even greater performance under pressure and adversity
• Master the 3 R’s – Reduce, Recover and Reframe
The Resilient Innovation Leader
• Innovation primer (what is effective innovation) and where should an organization invest its resources
• Learn about two innovation archetypes (personalities) that are essential for innovation to succeed - Creative Visionaries and Operators
• Discover the pitfalls of not having a good balance of these archetypes
• When change is coming, and the pressure is on, unpleasant drama can rear its ugly head. Teams can fall into a “conflict cycle” that include people who act as victim, rescuer, and persecutor
• Learn to identify this behavior, then reframe it and create a healthy innovation ecosystem with the roles of coach, challenger, and innovator
Innovation Antibodies - Victim vs. Creator
• Apply the Design Thinking process to your personal strengths and weaknesses
• Uncover hidden strengths or blind-spot weaknesses
• Through the metaphor of sport, learn how individuals and teams can use Design Thinking to identify and leverage their unique strengths (and design around weaknesses)
Design Thinking For Strengths-Based Leadership
• Understand how Design Thinking Applies to Teams
• Assess strengths and weaknesses of key players on your team and apply Design Thinking to leverage the results
• Apply Design Thinking to a business problem
• Why Innovation Leadership matters
Design Thinking For Yourself and Your Team
Quizzes and Assessments
Exclusive Content Library
Progress Tracking and Analytics
INSIDE THE ACADEMY
JOHN K. COYLE
John K. Coyle is a world-leading expert in innovation and Design Thinking and best-selling author of Design For Strengths: Applying Design Thinking to Individual and Team Strengths (2018).
A graduate of Stanford University (he was one of the early students in the d.school), John is an NBC sports analyst, two-time TEDx presenter, and sought-after keynote speaker.
His experience includes being Senior Vice President for a prestigious innovation consultancy, and the senior executive in charge of Innovation for a Fortune 500 telecom company.
John lectures and teaches innovation courses at Marquette University, Northwestern University and CEDIM University Graduate School in Mexico.
John won an Olympic silver medal for speedskating and competed at the world level in bicycling, so his courses offer the intellectual and analytical background of a professor coupled with the inspired emotional storytelling of a champion athlete.
His talent of weaving facts, frameworks, and stories into experiential learning sessions will activate both your intellectual and emotional centers – which results in lasting change in behaviors and thinking.
Here’s what people have to say about John K. Coyle
Senior Vice President, Customer Care at ADT
"John is truly riveting - his talent is weaving facts, examples and intellectual principles into engaging stories which bring his topics to life for his audiences."
The Society of International Business Fellows
"We were blown away by the quality of his content, the energy he generated, and the enthusiastic response of our members. . . ."
VP of Sales Operations,
GreatAmerica Financial Services
"John is more than just a dynamic and memorable speaker. He will leave you with thoughts, tips and techniques that genuinely will change the way you live your life."
Develop innovative leaders and create a culture of innovation.
FOR GROUPS & ORGANIZATIONS
Support your organization's programs for "leadership development," "high potential leaders," "emerging leaders" or "future leaders."
For information about group pricing or to schedule a demo, please contact Monica Goebel at firstname.lastname@example.org or click below and complete the form.
Individuals who must lead innovation initiatives within their organization or who want an extra edge to get ahead in a competitive marketplace.
I N N O V A T I O N +
Registration is easy: simply choose (click) an innovation initiative above; register by providing your name, email, password and mobile number; choose a payment method and get started on your Design Thinking journey.
Download a form letter to ask your employer to cover the expense
DESIGN THINKING WILL GIVE YOU THE TOOLS TO INNOVATE & CHANGE YOUR LIFE
Copyright © 2020 John K. Coyle and The Art of Really Living LLC